Saturday, March 22, 2014

What's in my Grocery Cart?

I thought I would let you all know what I like to purchase when I go to the grocery store - Trader Joe's specifically. I always love reading what other people buy at the store to get some new ideas so hopefully you find this helpful and enjoyable! Here are the healthy must haves on my list.

Bananas - we go through bananas like crazy! I buy a ton and end up freezing some for smoothies
Gala apples
Bartlett pears
Blueberries, strawberries (for smoothies I prefer frozen berries, for snacks - fresh)
Green seedless grapes - when I get home, I freeze half of them for a refreshing snack option
Avocados
Pre-washed bag of kale (I use this in my smoothies in the am)
Pre-washed bags of lettuce
Spaghetti squash
Mediterranean hummus (It's the best! From Trader Joe's)
Trader Joe's just chicken strips - great for salads or making kid's chicken quesadillas
Quick cook steel cut oats
Organic quinoa (I prefer buying the huge bag at Costco)
Sprouted multi-grain bread (I like the Trader Joe's one best)
Organic unsalted creamy peanut butter (buy at TJ's for a better deal and better selection of nut butters)
Chia seeds
Whole ground flaxseed meal - I use this in my smoothies
Larabars - apple pie (great on the go snack item)
Raw unsalted almonds - great healthy snack option
Almond meal -great for baking (I use it to make healthy banana muffins)
Organic brown rice cakes -great for snacks with PB & banana slices on it
Eggs, eggs, and more eggs - we love eggs at our house: scrambled (breakfast) and hard boiled (snacks)
Ground turkey - buy this at Costco for the best pricing
Chicken breasts - also buy this at Costco for the best pricing

Spices & other items on hand: 
 - pure vanilla flavor
 - ground cinnamon
 - ground cumin
 - red pepper (cayenne)
 - 21 seasoning salute (from Trader Joe's... it's a great all around no salt seasoning mix)
 - coconut oil spray, extra virgin olive oil spray
 - extra virgin olive oil
 - reduced sodium soy sauce
 - organic low sodium chicken broth

For the kids (all from Trader Joe's):
 - Joe's O's
 - white cheddar corn puffs
 - veggie sticks potato snacks
 - oven roasted turkey

These little cuties managed to find some room in my cart too! =)

















Hope you found this list helpful!

 photo cfb34a1c-adba-4f64-a423-6e7319aea683.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment