Monday, March 3, 2014

What's on the Menu # 2

Well this weekend was a complete cheat in itself. Friday night I went out with some friends to Cucina Enoteca and then Saturday night went to a CHOC fundraiser with the hubs. There might have been wine involved in both nights. There might have been cheese involved in both nights. There also might have been a thick juicy filet involved. Anyway, back to the clean eating during the week! Who’s with me?!

Week of 3/2/14

Sunday Turkey Chili. I made this last night and I have to admit, I feel like a complete chef when I make this. Maybe because it requires a lot of cutting or pre-cooking? Or maybe it’s the fact that I spent the majority of my Sunday in the kitchen whipping up all sorts of goodness (check these out!)

MondayCrockpot Thai Peanut Chicken. This recipe is SOOOOOO easy and SOOOOOO delicious!!! Did I say crockpot? I love the crockpot.

TuesdayLeftovers. Sorry, I am only human.

WednesdaySpaghetti Squash w/turkey marinara. Have you tried spaghetti squash? If not, you definitely should. It’s a great alternative to regular pasta in that it is WAY less calories & like no carbs! Ummm, yes please!! 

ThursdayHummus Crusted Chicken. This is all of my AdvoCare friends' FAV recipe. While it’s not my ultimate favorite clean eating chicken dish, it is definitely a good one worth trying. You can use any of your favorite hummus for this one & make it your own! 

FridayFish Taco Bowls. If you ever want an easy and extremely fast meal to prepare that still looks and is gourmet (ish), my answer is FISH. It cooks so fast!


Saturday - Anyone have a recipe they want to share with me?  I’m ready for a new idea! 

Have a great week everyone!! 


 photo cfb34a1c-adba-4f64-a423-6e7319aea683.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I would love to know your technique on cooking the spaghetti squash. I have tried it twice and it just hasn't turned out that great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cook mine in the microwave..... Before you put it in, lay it lengthwise and poke it about 6x with a fork so there are holes in it. Then microwave it (turntable off) for about 10 minutes with the poked side facing up. Take it out (be careful, it might be hot). Cut it in half, lengthwise. Be careful, it will be hot!! Fork out the middle seedy part. Then put both halves, face up, in a pyrex 8x10 dish, or any other microwave safe platter, with about 1/2-1 inch of water. Cook for another good 10 minutes (or longer if needed). Hope I explained that right!!!!! =)

      Delete
  2. What a delicious menu! I need to check out the crockpot Thai chicken.. we love peanut Thai sauce! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do leftovers twice a week and Saturdays we often do breakfast for dinner. :-) So way to go to do a new meal almost every day!

    ReplyDelete