Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Stitch Fix

Hi Friends!

Have you guys heard of Stitch Fix? I was referred by a friend and just signed up for my first fix today!
Here is how it works:

You sign up and then get to answer a series of questions about your body type, sizes, and style preferences. There are different types of clothing pictures that you rate depending on if it's something you "don't like much at all" or "love it!". You can also link your twitter account, a pinterest board, or linkedin account (strange, not sure why?) to your profile so the stylist can get a better idea of your likes. Once you set up your free style profile, you can schedule your first fix! It's $20 to schedule a fix. My fix won't arrive until April 19th, which is a bummer, but I think they are getting very busy and popular at the moment so fulfillment takes a little bit longer than normal. Stitch fix pays for your shipping and will send you 5 items - anything ranging from pants, top, skirt, dress, scarf, earrings, etc. You can specify if you don't want a specific type of item. Once they send you the 5 items, you have a few days to try them on and decide if you want to keep them. If you decide to keep any of them, your $20 fee is applied to your purchase!!! That's one of the highlights of this concept (in my opinion). No money wasted on a fee! And then if you decide to keep all 5 items you receive 25% off your entire purchase. Anything you don't want, you can send back to them with the pre-paid envelope and then request your next fix! You can request a fix monthly, yearly, or whatever you want. No pressure to even request a second if you are dissatisfied with your first fix. I think this concept is genius, especially for those of us who don't have time to get to the mall as often as we'd like.

Has anyone tried this before? Thoughts? I would love to hear your feedback!

Anyone else want to try it with me?

Stay tuned for my stitch fix post with pictures of the items I receive =)


 photo cfb34a1c-adba-4f64-a423-6e7319aea683.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what you get! I just ordered my first one and won't get it until May 13th- must be popular!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The date now is all the way back to May 13th?!?!?! Wow!! I remember when I was debating about doing it, I had created my profile the night before I actually pulled the trigger and just within that day, my date went from an April 3rd option, to April 19th! They need to get more employees to fill all these orders quicker...... If I end up liking it in April, I probably won't be able to get another fix for like 6 months, lol.

      I'll keep an eye out for your fix post, assuming you blog about it =)

      Delete