Monday, July 14, 2014

Tuna Casserole Recipe

I am so excited to share this recipe! I found something similar on Pinterest and when I tried it, it was an instant hit with my husband and two little boys. We do all like tuna, however, I'm not big into all the mayo that is usually associated with tuna. SO - the best part about this recipe, NO MAYO! Just lots of cheese and noodles =) For all my AdvoCare friends, this is definitely not on the list of advo friendly recipes, but definitely give it a try!

Ingredients
  • 16 oz of egg noodles
  • 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter 
  • 4 tablespoons of flour 
  • 2 teaspoons of salt
  • 2 cups of milk (I used whole milk)
  • 3 cups of cheese (I used a blend of cheddar, mozarella & monterey jack)
  • 2 cans of your favorite tuna ( 7 oz cans)
  • 1 cup of peas (I used frozen)
Directions
  1. Cook egg noodles, drain & set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
  3. In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, flour, salt, and milk. Stir constantly until everything melts and sauce thickens. 
  4. Add 2 cups of cheese to the sauce, stirring constantly until cheese melts completely. 
  5. In a large bowl, combine egg noodles, cheese sauce, tuna and peas. Mix together so that the cheese sauce is evenly coated throughout and the peas and tuna are mixed in w/egg noodles. (Note: I used frozen peas and rinsed them prior to combining them w/mixture)
  6. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and bake mixture uncovered for 20 minutes. 
  7. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese ontop of the mixture and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. 
  8. Enjoy!
I forgot to take a picture of the finished product so here is what it looks like half eaten =) Best part about this recipe is how great it tastes reheated. 


 photo cfb34a1c-adba-4f64-a423-6e7319aea683.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment