Friday, April 18, 2014

Five on Friday # 7

Happy Friday Friends! Linking up with Natasha over at Hello!Happiness for a Five on Friday post.

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG



[one] Neighborhood Spring Celebration. This past Saturday, we went to our neighborhood spring celebration complete with Mr. & Mrs. Peter Rabbit, Easter egg hunt, games, and food. My in-laws were in town so they got to join in on the fun! The boys sat on the Easter bunny's lap, got to hunt for eggs, and run around with their grandparents & friends. It was awesome. I always love to take my kids to the community activities because we always see lots of friends and it's a great way to get my kids tired out!








[two] Kings Game. Last Saturday night, Andrew and I took Mason to the Kings game while grandma and grandpa watched Owen. It was so nice to have alone time with our big boy Mason - he loved getting all the attention! Being Kings fans, we naturally really dislike the Anaheim Ducks. The guy who has season tickets to the Kings games in front of us always wears a "Duck Hunter" outfit to the games where the Kings play the Ducks. Well, Saturday they played the Ducks and he wore his costume. Mason got to put it on and turned into a different kid! He got SOOO serious & was all into it! Here are some pictures from the game!






[three] My new AdvoCare shirt!!!! Some of my friends and I who all are into AdvoCare just signed up to do our first expo through our community! We are so excited and all bought some new gear, this shirt included!


[four] San Bernardino Train Days. Last Sunday we got to go to the San Bernardino train days. Mason LOVES trains so this was a treat  for him. They also had a few firetrucks lined up outside so that was an added bonus! Here are some pictures from our day there.






















[five] OC Half Marathon Training. Well I did it. I made it official. I signed up for my second half marathon, the OC half on May 3rd. I had an awesome training run last Saturday morning with my friend Ryann who is also training for the half and whom I run with weekly. She was basically my inspiration to start running all together (I started running mid 2013 & ran my first half in Feb 2014). For the past couple months we have been trying to get at least one long run in on the weekends. We have been slacking off majorly but were able to get an 11 miler in last week. Our normal long training run paces average around 9-930 minute miles. If you look below, you will see our pace was well under 9 minutes which is awesome for us!!!! After having some great training runs the past couple weeks, I'm hoping to do my half under an 830 pace.... wish me luck!! (Wouldn't that be awesome if I could do the half under 1:50?!!?! Wishful thinking?! =))


Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Happy Easter! 

 photo cfb34a1c-adba-4f64-a423-6e7319aea683.jpg

6 comments:

  1. What a funny Easter bunny pic!! haha Love it! Looks like it was perfect weather too! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww awesome pictures! your kids are too cute. and yay for half marathons - congrats on signing up for your second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must live in a great neighborhood! Ours is a really old neighborhood with a lot of original owners / older residents. The Spring Celebration looks like a ton of fun. Good for you signing up for another 1/2! You should share your training schedule, if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a great idea colleen! I will have to do that when i get the time to go over my training.... problem is, this time around, i have no schedule i'm sticking to haha!

      Delete
  4. Those train days look like so much fun!

    Happy Easter!


    Elise @ Harvey Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of this is so fun! Your little boy is darling. Way to go on the half-marathon. I had told myself that I wanted to do my first this summer, or at least a 10k, but I haven't started training (officially) yet, so I am way intimidated. I also haven't run more than 6 miles at once ever... but it just seems like such a neat experience. You might have just lit that fire underneath me that I need. xoxo ~Sarah @ thejellyjars.com :)

    ReplyDelete