Sunday, February 23, 2014

What's on the Menu # 1

It’s the end of the weekend and I am not happy about my weekend eating choices. Of course it never helps when you get to attend a kid party filled with pizza and cake. After the party, I felt so guilty that I managed to run 3 miles (pushing the double stroller with both boys in it – I think that should count as double the mileage, ya? :)) and after I put Owen to sleep tonight, I got my butt to the gym for an arm workout, some abs, and another mile sprint…. At least I tried to make up for my poor eating this weekend!

So now I’m ready for a healthy week of meals. Have you realized it’s much easier to fix dinner when it has been thoroughly planned out ahead of time? I just learned this skill recently, during my first challenge, so I have decided to share my “weekly what’s on the menu” meal plans with all of you!! Here it goes.

Week of 2/23/14

Sunday – tonight we had crockpot thai peanut chicken (with a side salad & blueberries). The chicken is amazing & super easy and healthy! My husband and I both agree that this clean chicken dish is at the top of our list. We have this at least once a week in our house.  

MondayMeatloaf muffins with a side salad. You have to try these muffins. They are to die for good and completely clean! I usually cut the recipe in half and still manage to have leftovers!

TuesdayChicken and shrimp stir fry (minus the shrimp) and maybe some brown rice. I haven’t tried this recipe yet but will let you know if it’s a winner!

Wednesday – leftovers. I love that my hubby isn’t picky when it comes to me cooking so we will just reheat some of all of the above =)

Thursday – I am going to try and create my own salmon recipe (yikes, this could be a total disaster). I’m really hoping it turns out good. My inspiration comes from a valentine’s dinner my hubby made for me after I had my first son and was still at home recovering from my c-section. The salmon was AMAZING. It had this nice glaze on it that he had soaked the fish in for about 30 minutes before cooking it. I am going to take that recipe and tweak it so it’s clean! Wish me luck.

Friday – There is a possibility that I will be out on a “mom’s night out” in which case I will probably just cook up some chicken quesadillas for my kids and husband before I leave. Definitely won’t be clean.

Saturday – Another staple meal at our house is quinoa turkey chili. It’s so good – especially if you make it in the crock pot and let it simmer all day long….. mmmmm, so good!! (I usually cut this recipe in half and have plenty WITH leftovers) 

There you have it folks. Good luck to you if you decide to make any of the above recipes, and make sure to let me know your thoughts!! Have a great week everyone!

 photo cfb34a1c-adba-4f64-a423-6e7319aea683.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment